Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Racing Thoughts

I have lots on my mind today-catching up at work after a day off, how beautiful it is outside, remembering to vote, my garden and how it needs to be watered and weeded, my nieces upcoming birthday, wondering how my dad's back is after he put it out over the weekend, summer plans and wondering if we can afford them now that gas is at an absolutely ridiculous price, different things that friends and family members are going through, getting the rest of my garden planted, the economy and the future of this country, health issues, and on and on. Most of these thoughts have my mind very cluttered and it's hard to stay on track.

I know I have to be focused on God or those thoughts will run wild and turn into uncontrollable worry and stress. If we rely on God, we know that He will take care of us.

Matthew 6:31-33 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

So this morning, I am trying to calm down some of the thoughts rushing through my head and focus on trusting and living for God, and instead of stressing out to remember to pray and to give them to God and not take them back.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139: 23-24

O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. Psalm 139: 1-2

Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...