Monday, May 5, 2008

Great Weekend



We had a great weekend. First of all, it was finally warm!! I started out a great weekend by planting the beginnings of my garden-spinach, peas, kale, onions, and some broccoli raab. I finally have tulips blooming so enjoyed their show as well!!

After driving to my parents on Friday night, we drove north on Saturday. We meandered through the Kootenai National Wildlife Refuge, and on to the Boundary Creek Wildlife Management area. We had a great picnic with my parents and my sister and her family. My dad decided to make a new version of S'mores and used the typical ingredients of a chocolate bar, marshmallow, and graham crackers, then he added a big, thick chocolate brownie to the mix!




We enjoyed sitting on a bench in the Refuge watching goslings and just enjoying the quiet. We saw numerous deer, grouse, pheasants, turkeys, beavers, many varieties of hawks, turtles, geese, swans, ducks, numerous other birds, and up at the border, we saw a herd of elk! My hubby and I even planted a geocache while we were up there. I love the area up there but we hadn't been up there in two years, so it was great to just be able to take the time to bask in the beauty of the area and enjoy all the wildlife. That drive, out enjoying God's magnificent creation, and time with family were what I needed!









1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

Love the turtle sunning himself! And your blog title photo is wonderful...brings me back to Idaho.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...