Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Praise

My friend and I were talking about attitudes last night, and how giving God praise is not always the easiest thing to do, and that it usually doesn't come naturally to us. I found this poem this morning and thought it went right along with what we were talking about. Practice an attitude of being thankful today, especially for the little things that you may not always think about.
Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast is burned and tempers are short, my children are so loud,
thank you Lord, for my family.
There are many who are lonely.
Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced,
thank you, Lord, for the food we have.
There are many who are hungry.
Even though the routine of my job is often monotonous,
thank you. Lord, for the opportunity to work.
There are many who have no job.
Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my circumstances were not so modest,
Thank you, Lord, for life.
-contribution of Leona Mc Means

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...