Monday, May 12, 2008

Special Times



We had a great weekend with our families. On Saturday afternoon, my hubby went to a Mother's Day tea with his mom at the place she lives. I took my mom out to a couple gardening places, and to Starbuck's for our own version of tea. My preference is an iced green tea latte with soy, and my mom's was a chai tea. It was fun just to hang out with my mom for a couple hours and have mom-daughter time, because no matter how old we get, we still need that special time with our moms.

Yesterday was a cold, and rainy one so the picnic was moved inside. My dad made delicious kabobs with chicken, veggies, and shrimp. We made sorbets in our Vita Mix and everyone got to enjoy them, even with all the food allergies in our family! We had a lot of laughs, and good times. I am very thankful that I have such a wonderful mom, and family to be with on these special days.


Even the mom and baby squirrel were celebrating Mother's day yesterday morning in my parent's front yard!


1 comment:

Sandi said...

Glad you have a good Mother's Day

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...