Saturday, May 17, 2008

Remembering



"Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while... but our hearts forever."

Today marks three years since my Gram went to live with Jesus. It's a day of remembering and shedding a few tears, especially since my mom is here. But, those memories are flooded with great times and lots of love. I miss her like crazy, but I know I will see her again because she loved Jesus. She was a great Gram, full of so much caring, love, advice, and she loved to make beautiful quilts, and good food. She loved to take care of us, it's what made her feel important. There are still times when something happens, or when I feel sad, that I go to call my Gram and then remember I can't call her. She loved it if I called her for advice, or for comfort over something that hurt my heart. She was a wonderful woman and she lives on in our memories, until we meet again. I miss you and I love you, Gram.

"I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss." ~ Rita Mae Brown

"Love is how you stay alive even after you are gone." ~Morrie Schwartz

""To Live In The Hearts We Leave Behind Is Not To Die" my rendition is "If we live in the hearts we leave behind we do not die"" ~Thomas Campbell

1 comment:

Sandi said...

thank you for sharing. I love hearing rememberings. I sometime think they are the best blogs.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...