Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Garden Mumblings

"Take some dirt, add some seeds, Pour on water, pull the weeds, Rest a minute, work for hours, Then wait ... and smell the flowers."

"Where flowers bloom, so does hope." ~ Lady Bird Johnson

I have seedlings coming up in my garden! There are radishes and kale peeking through the dirt so far. I have to have enough time home to get the rest of my garden planted, but the hope of new little plants is exciting!! I bought a bunch of flowers yesterday on a great sale at Fred Meyer, so they await planting as well. Some are pretty tender plants so not sure if I should plant them out yet or not. I think when you live down here, they go by safety to plant if they snow is off Mica Peak. I know in Sandpoint, it's Baldy Mountain, and from the looks of our trip up north over the weekend, it will be awhile until they can plant!! I see they changed the forecast some, as we were supposed to hit 89 this weekend, but now they are saying low 80's. Still, our systems will be in shock!! The snow is going to melt rapidly this weekend as well. Plants are going to love the heat so I want to get more garden in, hopefully tomorrow. This time of year, it gets really difficult for me to be inside working as I would rather be outside working in my garden and in my flowers, or just sitting and listening to the birds sing their beautiful melodies. We always have a short summer, but this one is going to be even shorter, so I want to take in as many moments as possible, which is the way we should live anyway. We should grab life's moments for all they are and live them to the fullest, taking in sights, sounds, smells, and love along life's path. We also need to remember to plant love, joy, and hope to those we meet along life's way.

"In every flower see a miracle, with every year seek more flowers."

"Joy is a flower that blooms when you do."

"Look for a lovely thing and you will find it. It is not far -It never will be far." ~Sara Teasdale

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...