Thursday, June 5, 2008

Restless Mind

I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3
My mind is restless over the many things going on. I need to remember to put my hope in God, He is the only one who can calm my restless heart and mind. He is the one who protects us through troubles. He is always with us, through the good times, and the bad times. He is the safe place that we can go and he will understand when we break down. He will give us comfort in our times of sadness and confusion. If you are like me today and struggling with a restless mind and heart, go to Him. Open up God's word and take in what he is telling you. If you don't have a bible to read, go to www.biblegateway.com and pick the New Living Translation, Contemporary English Version, or the Message for an easier version to understand. You can put in a phrase or a word, and it will take you to verses that talk about that subject. If you are struggling with feelings as I am, Psalms is always a good place to start. David, who wrote many of the Psalms struggled with a lot of sadness, and times of questioning God. I pray that rest and peace are found in him today by all who need it.
God's name is a place of protection—good people can run there and be safe. Proverbs 18:10

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...