Thursday, June 19, 2008

Anniversary

""Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.""

"An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow."

Today is our 21st wedding anniversary! I don't know how I've been married that long already!!! Wow, where does the time go? We are planning a very special day so hopefully the weather cooperates.

Twenty-one years of marriage has brought a lot of happiness, joy, sorrow, heartache, change, love, hope, trust, laughter, adventure, and life. I am blessed to have gone down this crazy road of life with my husband by my side. I am thankful that God brought our north Idaho and north central Washington paths together at a college that neither one of us had planned to attend, put us in the same dorm, and had us meet within two days of arriving. At first, I thought that this tall, brown-eyed football player was a bit too much for me personality wise, but I had a weakness for tall, brown-eyed football players and quickly fell for him, once I got to know who he really was outside of our freshman initiation adventures. All these years later, I still am deeply in love with him and can't imagine life without him by my side. I look forward to many, many more years of life's adventure with him by my side, as we see where God takes us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Connie & Thane!!! Hope you have a really special day! Aren't you on Whidbey Island or did I get my weeks wrong? We're in Portland on our way to Seattle. Have a great day! Sherry

SimplyDarlene said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

I have always love that first quote.. Its so true..

Have a great day!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...