Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Family Time

Over the weekend, I spent some time in the woods with my mom and dad, my cousin, and my nieces. My husband had training for his job, so it seemed like a good time to just go have some down time with my family. We got some wood while we were up there. The two dogs enjoyed playing. Do they look happy?



This is a dead tree that my dad is harvesting for fire wood. It's supposed to fall to his right.







Remember, right...............






Did we say right? We meant left!




One niece spent the entire time in the woods trying to catch grasshoppers. Back at camp, she finally got one and carried it around in a bottle. She made sure to give it leaves to eat.






The other niece spent her time collecting a bagful of colored leaves. I am sure that they ended up in school projects this week.



It was fun to see things through the eyes of a child, just so innocent, new, and exciting. As a photographer, I like to see the little things that can be overlooked, too, so it's fun to have little girls to help point things out to me. It was fun collecting leaves, as well. I encouraged the bug catching, but was not much of a help in that area. I always enjoy spending time with my family and thank God for them. I also thank God for the gift He has given me by having a loving, caring family in my life.

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...