Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gentle Giants


I went out to see the draft horses while in Sandpoint on Saturday. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to make it to one of the shows. When we were kids, we went to the show every year and loved it! I remember many years where we almost froze while watching the show, and we were bundled up in layers of clothes and drinking hot chocolate, but would still come home and take a hot bath to warm up. It was neat to see so many of the same families are still part of the show as they were when we were growing up. I imagine it's second and third generation leading the beautiful gentle giants in the shows now. I had my sister and nieces with me. They had been to the show the night before, so I got a nice recap from the girls of what they saw. I think next year I will try to make it a priority to go to one of the shows, because I really miss watching those huge animals do amazing things!




The most comical thing we saw was a team of goats hitched up behind a wagon and taking kids for a ride.






The girls were in awe at how large some of the horses were, including this one. They just kept saying 'Wow, that is one big horse!"



It was a lot of fun to go see all the horses, mules, and goats and to have some great time with my sister and her girls, just enjoying a beautiful afternoon.






















1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

We always miss north Idaho in the Fall--even more when we see images from our past too. Thanks for sharing.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...