Thursday, December 18, 2008

Storm Rolls In

We had a heat wave on Wednesday! It hit 17 degrees, but we are being hammered by a storm, and have been since early Wednesday morning! The snow is piling up outside. I would guess right now, we probably have a good 18-24 inches of fresh snow, at 12:30 am. It's hard to tell at our house, because the wind likes to move it around quite a bit. I will say it's pretty, but it sure was a slow, and icy drive to and from Coeur d'Alene. I don't know how many times the Interstate was shut down, but I know there were a few times. Not only was there a lot of snow on the roads on the morning commute, but there was a lot of black ice which made drivers think the roads were bare in spots, however they were covered in ice! There were a lot of wrecks and slide offs along the way.

I snapped a few photos while I was downtown, before and after dark.














I couldn't resist taking a few into the street light while I was on my way home. At this point, I was out on the prairie, where the two lane roads had drifted into one lane, and the snow was coming down sideways.









As the snow continued to come down, and the wind swirled large drifts in front of our front door, we thought it was a good night to just stay in and enjoy the trees, both outside and inside!







Unless something really strange happens, I would say we will have a white Christmas!


2 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

love the outside snow tree! ;-)

Mama Kautz said...

LOVE the night shot of CdA by the resort!
Found you via Huckleberries SR blog

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...