Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tree Trimming Has Begun


The tree is in the house, the lights are on it, and a few ornaments made it on the tree before we were both too tired, and headed upstairs. Once again, my 6'3" tall hubby had to get on a ladder to put the angel on the top. The rest of the ornaments will get on the tree tomorrow, and hopefully, the rest of the house will get decorated as well. Along with the tree coming in, I strung some lights outside on our little tree. I twisted together strands of red and white to give it a candy cane look. I got four strands on the tree and plugged it in just as darkness was falling across the sky. I love the ta-da after stringing the lights, the only problem was the brand new white lights at the top of the tree were dark. I went along the strand and checked each light, but still nothing! I had to take those two strands off the tree, and did you know that when you twist two strands of 100 lights together, it is a mess to try to untangle, especially as the temperature was rapidly falling into the 20's. I finally gave up and threw the entire mess on the porch, and will tackle it later. Fortunately, my hubby got an extra set of those cheap lights, so I just redid the top of our little Spruce tree. I also set up three of those white spiral trees in the corner of a flower bed. We bought them last year, but didn't get them up so they were a nice surprise on this budget-crunching year. We also have eight lit candy canes along our sidewalk that we got a year or two ago, so it's looking kind of cute. We usually really deck our house out in lights, but don't think it will be that much this year. I think we might add a couple of strands of icicle lights, if they still work from last year, and maybe a set of red and white around the door, but that will be it for this year.




My hubby brought up the ornament container, which is a huge container since we have a lot of ornaments. My parents and grandparents started to give us an ornament a year when we were babies, and my parents and sister have continued the tradition. Along with the ornaments, our Christmas stockings where in the container as well. Our dog has her own stocking, and believe me, she knows it is her stocking, as you can see. As soon as it was out of the box, she ran over and picked it up and pranced around with it in her mouth for several minutes.








I will post more pictures when the tree is finally fully decorated. I hope that occurs very soon so that we can sit back and enjoy.


2 comments:

Sandi said...

I too love the ta da moment. Lights that don't light and tangled lights oh that could be stressful

SimplyDarlene said...

Looks good. I love the pic of your pup with the lights. That would be a great card front!

Blessings!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...