Monday, December 29, 2008

It Just Keeps Coming

























The snow is falling heavily again today. Yesterday brought a bit of a break, but it rained most of the day, causing a large mess all over the area. We went through a couple 'puddles' on the roadways that could be classified as lakes, because I am sure they were deeper than the new Radiant Lake in Rathdrum! When we got home from Christmas at mom and dad's on Friday, which was a sunny day, we had a three foot deep by eight foot wide berm in our driveway, out to the middle of the road, with a six foot berm piled in our mailbox. I felt bad for my hubby as I stood in the middle of our road, looking at the mess. We had just received a check from medical reimbursement for the year, so I suggested we head to town to see if we could find a snow blower. Unfortunately, half of Kootenai County was looking for the same thing. Everyone had just sold out. Most stores weren't reordering either. I wanted to say 'hello!! There's over four feet of snow on the ground and it's only December,' but I didn't. We found a place that is ordering some in but they won't be here until the 9th! Great, two more weeks of shoveling. Fortunately, we have some neighbors who help us out, but they are having a tough time just keeping up with their own snow so there was still plenty of shoveling involved. My hubby spent seven hours straight shoveling snow on Saturday, from the driveway to the roof! He said he's feeling his age. By the time he was done with the roof, we didn't need a ladder to get on the roof. We had a six to seven foot tunnel leading from the front door to the car. As a kid, I would have loved it, but as an adult, I want to see out my windows. Today, we are to receive another seven inches and the way it's coming down right now, I would say we will easily have that much pile up again. Most of the week has a snow forecast, so any snow we lost in the rain yesterday will return soon. My hubby said this morning that he's finding the snow comical. I just looked at him. He asked what other choice there was, he might as well laugh about it. I guess it's either laugh or go insane, so I will laugh as well because the roads are too icy to make a trip to Orofino for a vacation getaway in a padded room.












5 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

Beautiful photos. I love the snow clinging and just hanging on along fences. I got a few of those shots too...

Trade ya our 1+ foot of slush for your many feet of snow! Ya know, I would Kubota ya out if I was closer. Maybe next year ;-)

Anonymous said...

What amazing pictures of the snow hanging on the fence like that. Also like the snowflake one - No, I'm not insane and needing that trip to Orfino but the snow is pretty in pictures. This getting up at 4 everyday for snowplowing is wearing on us though.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

The pics are so pretty of the snow1

Anonymous said...

Laughing is a great way to get through it but thanking God for the snow makes the job easier than it is. Yesterday we got 6 inches in 2 hours! My husband and kids were complaining and I told them that if you can laugh and thank God for everything the job isn't that bad. Finally, they did and we had a great time playing and shoveling in the snow. Time to get back to shoveling!

Sandi said...

I must say I do know what you are going through. We were in the same situtation a few years ago. We had a blizzard and we didn't own a snow blower. Every where was sold out. We kept on shoveling

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...