Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Is About to Arrive

I think the main story in this area is the weather. I believe it trumps the fact that the senate refuses to help out the car industry, which leaves me wondering what I am going to drive for a car, since we only buy American made cars. It makes me wonder how much deeper trouble our economy is going to get in over this crisis, as well. It's an unbelievable story to me but, I hope that the right thing is done soon.

On with the breaking news in the Inland Northwest-----Here it comes! It appears winter is about to come in full force, much like the water scene at the end of the Narnia movie that we just watched on Saturday. My husband is out of town today, so I pray that he gets in before the weather gets too bad! If not, he may be stuck in Oregon for a day or two. Sounds like a lot of snow, then high winds, and very cold temperatures are about to blast our region. They are even saying below zero temps within a couple days. Here's the weather alert: A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO10 PM PST SATURDAY. STORM TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 10 TO 15 INCHES ARE EXPECTED IN THE VALLEYS AND 15 TO 20 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS. SNOW WILL INCREASE FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND PERSIST INTO SATURDAY EVENING. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL OCCUR FRIDAY AFTERNOON INTO EARLY SATURDAY MORNING. GUSTY NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS WILL DEVELOP BEHIND AN ARCTIC FRONT PASSAGE ON SATURDAY CREATING AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW THAT WILL CREATE LOCAL BLIZZARD CONDITIONS SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT IN THE NORTH TO SOUTH VALLEYS. A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

Sounds like I better have a lot of wood ready for the wood stove, and be ready to bake some cookies or something to stay warm! I've been wanting a little snow on the ground for the Christmas mood setting, but this is a tiny bit more than a little, the way it sounds! Of course, living on the prairie with high winds in the forecast could mean that all the snow just blows away and lands in Spirit Lake, like it did last year. The poor people who live out there dug out for months from the accumulation of snow! No matter what, winter is here, so maybe I will even get a nice winter's nap in later in the day!!

3 comments:

Thane said...

I love you honey, hope to get home before all this weather hits.

Sandi said...

How sweet is that, it seems your hubby posted on your blog.
I love snow. We had a little for a few days but nothing stays around.

SimplyDarlene said...

At least you have a wood stove this year! So if the power goes out, you will still be warm and be able to have a cup of hot tea. I am baking some sliced apples, honey, spices, and oats atop my wood stove today! Smells great.

Blessings,
Darlene

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...