Monday, December 1, 2008

Waiting

I had to decorate my blog some since my house isn't getting decorated. I really want my house decorated, but between being knocked down by a really bad cold, work, and everything else that has been going on, my house is far from decorated. The tree sits outside, waiting. The outside lights are in piles, waiting. The decorations are in Rubbermaid containers in the basement, waiting. I don't even know if I have Christmas cards....so I am waiting to empty containers to see if any show up. I hope so. I know I have to get cards out soon. I know many people don't send cards any more because of modern technology, but I love to receive Christmas cards from friends and family. I love to open up the mailbox during December and find those special cards. I think it's money well spent to put a stamp on an envelope and send out a Christmas greeting. I also think it's sad that as a society, we have become so unpersonalized that we don't send things in the mail any more. Yes, I love my email and facebook, and of course, blogging, but there's really nothing like receiving a card in the mail, handwritten by someone who is important to you.

Okay, that was a side note, back to waiting. I feel this time of year the pressure and urgency to get things done so I can enjoy them. Do you feel that way? Why do we get so wound up this time of year? Why do we forget to focus on the One, the Only thing that matters-Jesus! I think He is waiting for me, for all of us, to REMEMBER why we even have Christmas. We need to remember that He is why we have Christmas, not to get as many presents as we can, or to go to as many parties as we can fit in, but to have HIS presence in our lives. Instead of running around doing, going, and being busy, let's remember to take time to focus on His peace and to be still and worship the KING this special season. He's waiting!!

2 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

Yes, let's keep our focus upward and inward! Now, I have double dog lick the frozen flag pole dared you on my blog! Go check it out, please. You and your readers.

BTW, I love your decor. Check your mailbox soon for a Simple Country Girl Christmas greeting, my friend.

Blessings!

Sandi said...

I'm with you about mailing cards. I mail about 70 cards. My family knows this time of year not to touch the mail. I feel special when someone send me a card. I did notice people have cut back what a shame

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...