Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tree Hunting


The past few days have brought many adventures. Thanksgiving day was spent with family and we had a great time. My mom and sis came home with us, and while my dad went out deer hunting, us girls went out hunting in our own way. Of course, since my husband has been laid off, I mainly drove, had fun being with my sister and mom, and just enjoyed people watching. The finds of the day came when we stopped at the thrift store! We also received our first nice snowfall on Friday.

Today, we went out with family to find Christmas trees. It was a foggy, drizzly day, much like Seattle weather. I always enjoy finding Christmas trees in the snow, but all that had been there from Friday had melted away by today. My nieces enjoyed slopping through the mud in their boots, which once were pink. They thought it sounded funny when the mud slurped between their boot and the ground. We had fun tromping through the woods, anyway. Our tree this year is much smaller than last year, at least so I think. It's not in the house yet, so official word on that is yet to come, but I don't think we will need to get the ladder out to decorate it like we did last year. My parents had found a couple trees they liked earlier in the Fall, so they had marked them with ribbon, and just had to decide which tree they wanted to take home with them. My sister and her family took another one dad had marked, and my cousin found a tiny tree for his cabin. As usual, I am the hardest one to please when it comes to finding a tree. We looked several over, walked through a lot of wet underbrush and over a lot of logs, and came back to one right next to the road. Hey, I have a reputation to uphold when it comes to taking hours to find a tree!! We had a good day and enjoyed the time with family.




1 comment:

Sandi said...

what a fun day. I never got to go tree hunting. Our daughter is allergic to real trees.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...