Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Facebook

In the past couple of weeks, my husband and I have joined up on facebook. I did it first, then hubby followed. We have found people from our early married years, who moved away and we lost contact with, along with old classmates. It's fun to look at people's profiles and try to remember who some were, to think how good some look, and to see how some have aged over the years. I would say some of the biggest changes have come in those we went to college with. It's been 20 some years since we were in high school, but through the magical world of the internet, we are reconnecting with some old friends. It's fun to see pictures, and hear stories of everyone's lives. My hubby is even finding out interesting things about our lives. It seems in the little town he's from over in Washington, there has been a story going around that we had five kids. We both shared a much needed laugh over that today, since we don't have any kids. Although catching up with people from the past is fun, I mostly enjoy the comments sent back and forth between colleagues, as a lot of fun is had by my colleagues on facebook. It seems us upper 30's and older like to spend time on facebook, probably too much time, and have a good time on each others profile. Yes, it can become a waste of time if too much time is spent there, but over the past couple weeks, when the stress levels have been mounting as election day approaches, and as we deal with other stressful things in life that have been happening, it's sometimes nice to just sit down and read comments and laugh.

As this stressful day goes on, I hope you can find someway to escape, and just spend some time laughing. It will make you feel better and relieve your stress, if even for a bit.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I love facebook. I started it with the kids in college. But it is fun to find friend I haven't seen since high school.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...