Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tough Times

The news came in while we were meeting with the teens we work with last night. Most of the room felt an overwhelming fear for our freedoms, for unborn babies, for our troops, for our jobs, and for the America we have grown up in. We all just looked at each other, wanting answers as to why. As we came home, the fear in my husband who works in the auto industry, definitely increased. I think of how other nations are thrilled with the victories that came in this country last night, and that makes me worry, especially when many are enemies of this country and have been waiting for the right moment to make their move against us. It was hard to go to sleep thinking of all the what if's, but we finally did.

I don't know why, but I know God is in control. I think of how many people I know who put aside their morals that they supposedly believe in to vote for what feels good and sounds good, instead of looking to God's word for guidance and truth. It makes me sad, so I can only imagine how God feels about it. I know He has tried to wake up this nation and bring them to their knees, and it hasn't happened. Has God turned His back on this nation because it has forsaken Him? Is He testing our nation to see if we will come back to Him? I don't know. I do know that He is my God, and I know that He will lead me. I know that this place is temporary and that as a Christian, I need to remember my true home is not here. God will lead us and protect us, even though that may not look like what I want it to look like. I have to trust in Him. I have to place my hope in Him and know that He is always there beside me. I have to make the choice to stand beside Him, and stand for Him so that others see the hope I have in me through Christ.

Psalm 46 says~

God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!

“Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress.

Psalm 62:7-8 My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.

3 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

LLLH,

It is a rough day but it is a day that the Lord made. For me, I am going to soldier-up and be the warrior for Christ He intends me to be! Our nation and the world still needs to see His light shine through the darkness.

Blessings,
A Simple Country GIrl

Anonymous said...

Scripture says not to worry but that is very hard to do with the election results we have seen. I did not sleep well last night and may not for a period of time but you are right -- God is in control and it is our job to plant seeds and introduce people to our Lord and Savior. In that, we will always have a job and the rewards are impossible to measure!
Thank you Lord!

Anonymous said...

It's a great day! For so many more of us, God is bringing a new hope to our country and it's wonderful that so many are embracing hope instead of fear.

Many Christians feel folks have put aside their morals for the last 8 years of atrocities - and I think God is the only path through all of this. For while we are here temporarily, He has made us stewards of ourselves and this place. I pray for all of us.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...