Friday, November 21, 2008

Much Needed Drive

On Wednesday, we decided to spend the afternoon in the mountains. We both needed that getaway for a few hours. There's nothing like going to the woods to help me relax. It was very cold, but it was a good time, and a great six hour retreat from all the stress.













The road we were driving on had a freshly fallen tree, probably from that morning because the winds were quite high. Even though the tree was much larger than my hubby's chainsaw, he decided to cut it out anyway. The chainsaw got stuck once, but he got it out and the road was cleared. Plus, we were able to load up some firewood.




I am thankful for the time I spent with my husband, just getting to talk, to take in the beauty of God's creation all around us, and for a few moments, to leave the troubles of this world down in the valley floor.






1 comment:

Lanel said...

What a great afternoon. And, what a blessing...FREE firewood. God provides for that new wood stove you had installed. :)

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...