Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving

Even though there has been a lot of not so great stuff happening, I have a thankful heart. There is always things to be thankful for, no matter how bad things may get. Look around and see them, they are there! There are blessings waiting for you to grab hold of them and make them yours. As we approach Thanksgiving this week, I challenge you to join me in being thankful in the little things. One example I have is I had to buy some more memory for our laptop so my husband can use it for this new job he was offered as an independent insurance appraiser. I know memory is expensive so I was wondering how I was going to pay for 2 gb's of ram today. I walked into Office Depot, handed a very nice clerk what I needed, and she took me to a wonderful surprise-a sale that was over half off the regular price!! Woo hoo! I went to my truck and immediately said thank you to God for the blessing of the sale, that saved us over $44!!

There are many things I am thankful for: a wonderful, loving husband, my supportive parents, my sister and her husband, my nieces who brighten my day anytime I see them and they always make me laugh. My mother-in-law. The fact that a close relative who disappeared from our lives for a few years is now back in our lives, is a blessing. The sun was out today. I live in a beautiful area with mountains, trees, and lakes and wildlife. Sunsets always make me thankful because they remind me of God's majesty. My dog is a blessing because she always loves me no matter what. My job and the people I work with are a blessing . My church. Friends who are there through good times and not so good times. My Bible is something I am very thankful for as it allows me to know God's thoughts and plans. Sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch. I am grateful that I live in a free country. Most of all, I am thankful for Jesus and his death upon the cross for me.

My list could go on and on, and on and on, but for today, anyway, I will stop, but I encourage you to add the things you are most thankful for to this list. Despite the economy and other challenges facing each of us, let's go into Thanksgiving with a heart this is truly thankful.

Psalm 100
A psalm of thanksgiving.

Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

3 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

And for you, my newfound friend through our precious friend, Jenny, I am thankful.

live love laugh hope said...

Yes, I would totally agree with that statement! Praying for you!

Sandi said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...