Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy Weekend

As usual, it was a busy weekend! We got up early on Saturday morning to get to the farmer's market as it opened, to we see if the peaches were ripe yet. We were happy to find out that they were! We got a box of delicious peaches from Kettle Falls, and a bag of apricots. I have never been a fan of apricots, but their's are delicious. I believe it's because they are not loaded with sprays and chemicals, and you actually get to taste the fruit! We also made our third stop of the year at Riley Creek Blueberry farm booth to pick up a few more blueberries. Yum.

We had an appointment to see a brand new, not even finished yet, retirement apartment for my mother-in-law. They are going to be beautiful places when they are finished! They even have an indoor pool and jacuzzi to enjoy, along with many other ammenities to keep the residents as busy as they want to be. They have taken a lot of thought and pride into making these places very nice for those in their retirement years. We reserved her an apartment with a balcony that overlooks the inner courtyard, that features a gazebo and water feature that runs along the perimeter of the courtyard. I am sure it will have a lot of beautiful flowers as well, because the rest of the grounds are loaded with beautiful plants. It will be nice change for her from where she is currently living, and it will be nice because she will be closer to us and we can drop by in the evenings or at lunch.

After that, we headed to Sandpoint. I took in the Arts and Crafts Festival at the beach while my hubby went to set up his new bow out at Arrow Works. My hubby made a deal with a friend who needed some work on his truck done, and traded a brand new bow for the parts and work. Of course, now he needs new arrows because the other ones won't work with that powerful of a bow, at least that's the story I am being told!! I did have a good time catching up with people I hadn't seen in awhile while at the beach for six hours...yes, six hours! I am glad my parents had a booth at the show or I would have had to walk to their place or my sister's house, both a few miles away.

The weekend included time with family, as well. We unwound a little last night by taking a drive down to the wheat fields and checking out some old barns. I love to photograph old barns...they have so much character.

Today, I get to work on putting beans and peaches in the freezer, if the peaches make it that far! They are just so good! I definitely see a homemade sorbet out of them tonight.


1 comment:

Lanel said...

Which center will your MIL be moving to? My brother's company did the painting out at the new Lifecare center in Post Falls (by Walmart). I've heard it's nice.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...