Thursday, August 20, 2009

Busy Day

Yesterday was a very busy day. I headed north about mid morning. I met my sister, mom and nieces for lunch, then went over to pick up my mother in law to bring her down this way to show her a new apartment we would love for her to move to. These places aren't quite finished so it was hard for her to get the overall picture of what it will be like, but she did get to see her apartment, the beautiful grounds with many water features, walking paths, and flowers, and she got to hear about the details of the indoor pool, the exercise room, and some of the events they are planning once the place opens. I think she's excited about it, but I also think she's holding back a little because, as she keeps telling us, she doesn't like change! I told her few people do like change, so we understand. We keep telling her it will be a good change, she will be closer to us and we can see more of her, and the apartments are so much nicer than where she currently resides. After sitting in her apartment for a few minutes, I think she started to really like it and could see herself there. Unfortunately, she will not be able to move for almost three months yet, which seems like a very long time to her. I know it will be here before we know it, but yes, it would be nice to get her down here sooner.

We ended the day with a very good seafood dinner with my hubby, and a trip back up north. We watched an amazing sunset all the way from Coeur d'Alene to the Long Bridge. The sky was filled with smoke last night, and although it made it difficult to breathe, it made for a beautiful sunset! The sun started out as a giant red ball, and by the time we hit the long bridge, it was streaks of pink and red across a dark blue sky. I had the sun roof open on the way home, while my husband drove, and enjoyed the bright stars that twinkled in the darkness. I also got to see several shooting stars go by, which made arriving home at 11 pm, worth the late night.

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...