Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday so I want to wish him a very special day, filled with love and happiness. We celebrated his birthday on Sunday as a family because mom and dad will be at the POAC show this coming weekend. My nieces insisted on helping grandma make the cake for grandpa. They said it would be his best cake ever because they helped make it. It may not be apparent to all, but they decorated the cake for grandpa, as well! I plan to head north and spend the day up there with my family, and take dad to lunch. I have a feeling the Hydra's mud pie will lie somewhere in the plans for the day. Dad does consider chocolate one of the main food groups, after all.

Happy birthday, dad. Thank you for all the encouragement, love, and support you have given to us over the years. Thank you for your example in faith that you passed down to us. Thank you for being a dad who was present in our lives and who made family an important part of his life. We love you!!


No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...