Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Time Meeting


I was blessed to meet an old friend today. We have been online friends for a year and a half, but have never met in person. Our mutual friend, Jenny, 'introduced' us over email, and we have been emailing and sharing our blog world ever since. We shared tears and heavy emotions when our friend lost her battle with cancer a little over a year ago. We continue to share our struggles and victories, as well as pray for one another through emails. I felt like I already knew her, and I would say from our meeting, I was amazingly close. I was even real close on how I imagined her voice would sound. I must admit, I was nervous on the way to meet her and her family. I don't know why, but I was. I knew our hearts already knew each other, so didn't know what the butterflies were all about but those butterflies were calmed down quickly when we shared warm smiles and hugs. We enjoyed a beautiful evening on her mom's porch, chatting and introducing our husbands to each other as well. We also had the privilege of meeting their son, as well as her mom. Thanks friend, and family, for the hospitality and warmth we felt from you. I am thankful for finally getting to meet in person. It was wonderful to finally put a person to the words of encouragement, support, and caring that have come across my screen for the past 18 months! I am thankful and feel blessed that God, and Jenny, brought our lives to a place where we crossed paths. See, we grew up in the same town, but didn't know each other. We even found out tonight that we lived in the same neighborhood as kids, just at opposite ends of the road. Yes, indeed, it is a small world, and God works in funny ways that brought us to a place to meet some 20 plus years later.



2 comments:

Sandi said...

Isn't the blog world wonderful. It is filled with people just waiting to be our friends.

SimplyDarlene said...

LLLH,
Ahhh. It was wonderful meeting you in-person! My husband couldn't believe you and I hadn't met or talked in-person until Sunday. It was such a wonderful evening. You know, I forgot to ask if your camera was in your car... I put mine down just as you pulled up! ;-)

May God continue to bless our friendship and sisterhood in Christ.

Blessings.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...