Monday, April 7, 2008

Back in the Groove



It's time to get back in the swing of things. Spring break is over, and so is my break. I have to go back to work today, and youth group starts back up tonight, which will bring me back to reality quite quick! We have a 'share night' tonight where all the kids bring their friends. Tonight is Dodge ball night-hundreds of 11-14 year olds playing dodge ball-need I say more??

At this very moment, the sun is peaking through the dark gray clouds, but after a weekend of snow, I will take any little sun breaks we get! The forecast for the week is not a sunny one, but they claim it's supposed to be 60 by the weekend. Hmmm, I think I remember that prediction last weekend for this past weekend as well. It must be great to predict the weather because it's the only job where you can mess up all the time, and not get fired!

As I look at my calendar, I see the week is packed with meetings and events. It's easy to get overwhelmed sometimes by 'to do lists' but I just have to keep them in perspective and know when to say no. I actually have been working on that some the past couple of months, and it's nice to know the world will not fall apart if I am not able to do something with someone because I set some boundaries. This is not easy for me because my personality is to do, do, do, and go, go, go, but there have to be times when I just step back and say I'm too busy and I need some time to catch up, or to rest. It's difficult, but I'm working on healthy boundaries in my life. Of course, there are times when saying no isn't an option because someone needs to talk who is hurting, or the to do list has to be done right away, or just sometimes life requires all my attention, but I need to remember that I need to take time as soon as I can to refresh my soul and body as well. This past week, I only went to work one day, but I was still busy just in a different way. But, it felt good to get things done around my house and to take a day and play with my nieces. There were other times during the week where I just sat down and read, and I haven't done that in quite awhile. Sometimes, the lines are blurred, but I am working hard on proper boundaries in my life.

Motion and busyness, no matter how great, yield nothing unless we allow God to give us the heart. ~Grant Lovejoy

Be quiet and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

This day belongs to the LORD! Let's celebrate and be glad today
Psalm 118:24




No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...