Sunday, April 20, 2008

One Year Of Blogging


A crazy weekend is wrapping up, and with a few minutes left on this Sunday, I have officially been blogging for one year. I remember signing up for a blog and then sitting, staring at my computer screen wondering why I did that, I would never write anything for others to read! Of course, these thoughts came after an hour or two of trying to answer the question that had come up before me: BLOG TITLE? Blog Title??? How do I know? After trying two other names that were similar to this title, and being rejected because they were already taken, I finally added the magic word to get the now title of my blog. Of course, I didn't know if that title would be the right one or not, and wondered if it would fit my blog or if I should change the title, but if I did, what would I change it to? I remember having a piece of paper before me with numerous titles scribbled on a piece of paper and agonizing over which would be the best to use. As you can see, I don't ever have any anxiety or control issues to deal with! Even though I had been thinking about blogging since Marianne at Slight Detour had encouraged me to blog at least a year prior to actually starting this blog, I still felt unprepared to enter this new world. I sat for quite awhile just staring at the screen, then I walked off for awhile, filled with great pressure over what would I write, and who would care? As you can see, I don't usually enter into things lightly, I am a bit of a planner and spontaneity is not my friend! I finally posted my first blog at 1:14 AM. Are you ready for the brilliant insight I wrote? I know, if you haven't read it, you are filled with great anticipation! Here it goes:

I Did It
After thinking about this for some time, I decided to take the plunge and give it a try. I look forward to joining the blogging world and seeing where it takes me.


I know that "life-changing," "thought provoking," "inspired" are the words going through your head right now after you just read or re-read my first post.

Later on that day, I wrote another post, with a bit more to say. It started like this....I love spending time with my husband. It seems life gets too busy sometimes and we forget to take time for us. A couple of pictures and a few more insights were shared.

I have enjoyed writing down my thoughts and stories, as well as sharing some pictures. It seems therapeutic to me. One of the neatest things about blogging are the new 'friends' I've meet who live thousands of miles away and I have never met face to face, yet, I read their comments and their blogs and feel like I know them. I hope to share many more thoughts, personal stories, and photos over the next year. I hope to see you along the way! Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my little world.

3 comments:

NILove said...

Congratulations, Connie. You have done well with your blog, and I hope you know that I am very proud of you, not only as a former student but also as a longtime family friend.

You have shared the beauty of your soul this past year, and that is a gift to all who read and admire your take on the world.

Keep up the good work.

Marianne

Kathy said...

I always enjoy reading your blog and looking at your pictures! Thanks for all your posts and insights!

SimplyDarlene said...

It is quite lovely how God works things out. By reading one person's blog, I was led to yours... Although we have only been corresponding for a couple of months, we keep discovering that before we met out here in cyberspace our lives were being intertwined.

I look forward to the day we meet face to face! ;-)

It's all simply amazing.

God Bless You!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...