Thursday, April 17, 2008

Out of Whack

So, I've had this sinus infection, that turned into a cough and earaches, all week now. I must say, I was a little loopy for a couple days. I would find myself just staring off into space, not being able to concentrate. I can concentrate for about three minutes now, so I must be on the road to improvement! It seems if a little bit of our body is off, it sends our whole body out of whack.

Our spiritual bodies are the same. If just a little bit of us is out of line with God, then it takes our entire focus off God, more and more, and we get to a point where we are feeling like God isn't there, or that we don't know what He really does want for our lives because we haven't spent time with Him to find out what He does want. We have to decide to heal our spiritual issues. I know I have struggled in this area a bit lately. I have found time to do ministry, be there for everyone else, and look like I'm on top of things for God, but I'm not. Many days, I take the most important part of that relationship with God, and forget to spend one on one time with Him because I am so busy doing, I forget to just be still. I think-"I need to do this and that for ministry purposes, and this one needs ministered to, this one needs a call," but how can I keep ministering to others when I am not filling myself up with God's word each day? Yes, I need to be doing the other things, but I have to put my time with God first, or I am out of whack spiritually. Oh yes, I would read a verse or two here and there everyday, but not really sit down and read and learn. So, I have decided to get a couple people to be accountable to and commit myself to daily reading of God's word. I know they will help me stay on track, and I am going to help them to do the same.

Be still, and know that I am God Psalm 46:10

But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it. James 1:22-25

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...