Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Circumstances & Perspective


"You are on a horse, galloping at a constant speed. On your right side is a sharp drop-off, and on your left side is an elephant traveling at the same speed as you. Directly in front of you is a galloping kangaroo and your horse is unable to overtake it. Behind you is a lion running at the same speed as you and the kangaroo. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation? Get off the merry-go-round!"

Sometimes, it's all about perspective! How do you view certain situations? Do you immediately overreact and panic, or do you take time to look at the circumstances and situation and think about it, and put things in the proper perspective? I can do both, but the second option works much better!

I am not complaining about having too little. I have learned to be satisfied with whatever I have. I know what it is to be poor or to have plenty, and I have lived under all kinds of conditions. I know what it means to be full or to be hungry, to have too much or too little. Christ gives me the strength to face anything. Philippians 4:11-13

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...