Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Surprise Gift

"How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it." ~G. Elliston

Sometimes you get wonderful blessings when you least expect them. Tonight I came home from my first day of a full day of work in three weeks, tired and wondering how I could be so tired from just sitting at a desk. I came to the conclusion it was from lack of fresh air! I've been outside a lot, and have gotten quite a bit of fresh air in the past weeks, but in my little gray cubicle, fresh air is not too readily available. I checked the mailbox when I got home and there was a large brown package taking up my the entire mailbox. The mail person had shoved it in there so much, I had to get my hubby to get it out of the box. I saw it was from Aspire, http://aspiretoleadaquietlife.blogspot.com/, and wondered what she sent me. Aspire and I have never met in person, even though we are from the same home town, but I know I feel like we have, and feel like we have built a special friendship over the past few months. This friendship came about through our mutual friend Jenny Meyer's inspiring life. Aspire has sent me a lot of health hints and has gotten me addicted to green smoothies every morning. She sends me encouragement on a regular basis, as well. Well today, she sent me some wonderful gardening supplies. The special gift and card arrived at a perfect time. I believe God whispered in her ear that I needed a blessing of encouragement right now. It is wonderful to receive surprises like that on occasion. It can bless and encourage the heart to an amazing level, and give the boost you need to make it through the day or the week. Thank you so much for the gift and for the blessing!!

Who can you bless today with a random act of kindness, also known as a blessing? Listen to God whisper in your ear, and then be obedient to His promting. You and the receiver will be blessed.

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy - they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." ~Marcel Proust

"No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted" ~Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

"A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love." ~St. Basil

3 comments:

Lanel said...

Surprise gifts are awesome! I came home late Sunday night from my trip to find a gorgeous plant by my front door. It made my day, err night, and I've been out a few times the last couple days just to look at it and smile. :)

Sandi said...

what a wonderful surpise. you have a great friend. I was thinking along these same lines today. I have a friend whose son is getting married Saturday and she is going to get her first manicure. She is going to my gal. I was thinking when I go get my nails done Friday morning (she is going at noon on Friday) I will pay for her appointment.
Her hubby just went back to work after being laid off for awhile.

Kristen's Raw said...

I love being addicted to green smoothies. Yum! Today I'm making spinach with apples and a huge dash of cinnamon. YUMMMY!!!!!

Cheers,
Kristen

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...