Friday, July 25, 2008

Worry

I'm trying to finishing touches on my end of middle school camp for next week. I must say, I'm not sleeping because I keep waking up thinking of things I need or things I have to do. Add to those thoughts all the crisis's going on with family and friends, and rest is tough to attain right now. I know I need to get a grasp on my thoughts, and know that everything for camp is going to work out fine, and to continue to pray for those I love that are not well, or struggling in some way. God doesn't want us to worry. We need to hand our stuff over to Him. Some day's are easier than others to do that, however. Why do I worry about things so much? I pray about it and should trust that God is going to take care of each situation. I mean, what does my worrying help? It doesn't. It just drags me down and wears me out. If I truly trust God, then I need to give Him each situation and let Him work out each issue. So, I am going to work on that today as I finish up my camp shopping.


"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Psalm 139:23

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Luke 12:25

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...