Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hard Times


My friends, be glad, even if you have a lot of trouble. You know that you learn to endure by having your faith tested. But you must learn to endure everything, so that you will be completely mature and not lacking in anything. James 1:2-4

Sometimes, life is just hard. There's no way to happy it up or try to understand when life seems to hit hard and we sit baffled by what is going on and on and on. Lately, life has been hitting extra hard with family and friends, and some of it is out of my realm of understanding. One thing I do know is that I can't imagine going through the trials of life without God. I can't imagine not being able to pray, talk to Him, and know that He is always there. I don't know how people go through the tough times in life who don't know Jesus, I really don't. At least I can cling to hope through life's battles and know that He never leaves my side, He is always there to hold my right hand and telling me not to be afraid, and He will help me as it says in Isaiah 41. So, as I go down the bumpy road of life right now, I may not understand the why's but I know that God is near. I know that through the tough times, God teaches us and we come through the other side of those times a stronger person, if we allow Him to use our pain to help us grow our faith. I know that this life is temporary, and that what really matters deep down, even though I may lose sight of that once in awhile, is the prize that waits for me at the end of this crazy life on earth, when all the trials will be gone and there will be no more tears or pain.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.

Romans 5:3-4

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

1 Peter 5:6-7


No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...