Friday, July 11, 2008

Winds and Fire


The winds yesterday were a very powerful force. I was out playing ball with our dog on the new lawn, and at one time the wind gust was so strong, it literally blew me backwards and I could not push myself against it. I have a couple pea plants, many flowers, and tomatoes that broke off, but compared to those in the Spokane Valley who have lost their homes to a fire that raged through the area last night, and yet this morning, I will not complain. It was horrifying last night to watch people's homes burn to the ground in a matter of moments. We went out to take some sunset pictures and saw the huge, angry billows of smoke coming from the fire. It's unbelievable to hear how many fires there are around the region today, around 50-60 new ones it sounds like. To see pictures go to http://www.krem.com/.

Today, I ask you to join me in praying for those who have lost their homes and for the safety of the fire fighters.

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...