Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Day to Vent

Okay, it's a day to vent a little. Yesterday was a fun day to try to get around the area. Highway 41 was, and still is closed, part of Mullan is closed in Post Falls, and other roads are ripped up. What I love to see is how one person actually works, and six stand around watching. We even pay for one guy to just sit in his truck on Mullan and Greensferry behind the giant road closed barrier. He doesn't do anything but sit in his truck!! Mullan has been ripped up for the entire Summer, and I wonder when they plan to get it finished because, instead of finishing what they already have ripped up, they are now ripping up more! Ahh, tax dollars hard at work!

Another thing that I think our tax dollars are being wasted on is the Duncan trial. I understand that in this country everyone is presumed innocent until proven otherwise, but how much proof do we need to convict someone? Why does the Groene family have to relive this horrible nightmare over and over?

Speaking of taxes, seems the government wants to take a closer look at ours from two years ago. We sold our house that year, and gave extra money to our the church building fund and they don't seem to be too happy about it. We also had too many medical expenses it seems. Yes, I will agree, we had too many medical expenses that year, but they are all legitimate, unfortunately. I didn't think you were supposed to get those letters if you used turbo tax!

Okay, now that I've vented some, I need to focus on having a good time at the Fair. Hopefully the weather is nice at least part of the day! I will have fun anyway, because I will be with my nieces.

Today is my parents 43rd wedding Anniversary, so I want to wish them many more happy years together and congratulate them on a long, happy marriage.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Yes they can still look at your taxes with turbo tax. If there is a miscalulation then turbo tax pays. But if IRS thinks you claimed something you shouldn't they will look. It is like a lottery. They just pick a few every year. I've been there.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...