Friday, August 22, 2008

Fair Day

I went to the Fair, and it rained, hard! It also hailed, and thunder and lightning shook the area for a bit. We didn't get to ride the horse-drawn wagon, nor did we make it through the barns to see the animals. We mainly hung out in the wildlife building and the main building. My nieces were disappointed, to put it mildly, but we will be up again on Saturday for a wedding so maybe we can take in some of the Fair before the wedding. I did get to see some familiar faces and visit a bit. There were even a couple blog reunions with Slight Detour, of course, my dad, and a nice talk with Mangy Moose's mom, daughter, and niece. Her mom, my mom and sister, and myself shed a few tears as we talked about how much we missed Mangy Moose. We all know she's in a better place, and is better off, but that doesn't take away the fact that we all miss her! Her daughter carried on the competition with Slight Detour in cookie baking, and she told us that they tied with blue ribbons. Congratulations to both!! I wonder which one will be buying the ice cream?

Despite the rain, it was still nice to be at the Fair, see some familiar faces, hang out with family, and get to see my parents on their anniversary. A day with special people is all it takes to make a day a special day!


Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~Anthony J. D'Angelo

It is no use to grumble and complain;
It's just as cheap and easy to rejoice;
When God sorts out the weather and sends rain -
Why, rain's my choice.~James Whitcomb Riley

1 comment:

MLove said...

Good to see you albeit so briefly. Seems I headed on my way and got caught in a lot of other conversations. Didn't see much of the actual fair.

They need to designate one day as a "no talk to your long-lost friends day" so that people could see the actual fair exhibits.

Then, again, that may not be quite so much fun.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...