Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rainy Day Thoughts

It's raining outside, so I guess it's a good day to work inside, since my house has been deprived of a really good cleaning the past couple months. It's been picked up and had the basics done, but hasn't had a good, deep cleaning. Maybe this rainy day is a good day to read a book, since I have a pile of them that I was going to read over the summer and haven't done that yet. It could be that this rainy day is a good day to take a nap! I'm still sleep deprived from the Olympics, although I almost quit watching the gymnastics two nights ago, after the US was robbed of the gold medal. Seems those gymnastic judges need some glasses, although they did better last night in being FAIR in judging.

Speaking of fair, I am trying to decide which day to go to the Fair. Both Kootenai and Bonner County have their Fair's starting today. I think one is still free, so that will probably be the one I attend. Plus, I get to see people I haven't seen in a year and visit with them. I will take my nieces with for added fun, and see the Fair through a kid's eyes. I can't believe it's already Fair time. That definitely means summer is almost over. It seems it just started! Either time is going faster than I think, or we had much too short of a summer this year! Maybe it's a little of both.

"God made rainy days, so gardeners could get the housework done."

1 comment:

MLove said...

Be sure to check out Bonner County Fair's one and only cantaloupe---a blue ribbon, at that. Other melons but I saw no other cantaloupes.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...