Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer Days




These images are of our backyard. Our paver patio is very close to being finished!! This bed is brand new, as well, and the cosmos in it have grown into trees! The one is so large it is completely covering a geranium, a mini dahlia, several alyssum, and some petunias.


We ate our dinner out on our almost finished paver patio tonight. The realization that summer is winding down kind of hit me hard, when at 7:50, it was starting to get dark! All I can say is yuck!! Summer seems to have been very short this year, especially since we had snow on June 10. In my estimation, summer should not end until November this year.


Speaking of summer, these summer Olympics continue to rob me of sleep. I realized tonight I've been so wrapped up in the Olympics every night that I missed the peak of the meteor shower. We always enjoying going out and enjoying the show that God puts on. One year, my hubby had a kidney stone, so at 3 am we went for a drive out of town and the meteor shower was unbelievable. That particular year, the northern lights put on a great show as well, and once we got out of town, we got out of the car and stood in what looked like a canopy of lights. The northern lights totally surrounded the sky above us, and meteors shot through this canopy. It was something that cannot be described unless you were there, other than phenomenal!

Since summer is rapidly winding down, make sure to get out and enjoy. It sounds like it's going to be quite hot here the next few days, but there isn't much of this season left, so go take advantage of it! Grab some water, find a shade tree, some fresh veggies or fruit to munch on, a good book, and soak in some summer memories!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this pictures.. That is the one thing about not having my house I miss is working in the flower beds..

Sharon said...

Very nice flower arrangements in your patio area! How about more pictures of your dahlias? I am starting to get interested in them. I planted 4 this year, first time ever. They just this past week started to bloom! I planted late, of course.

I am enjoying your blog! Great way to start the day.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...