Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Stuff



This morning we will be adding a new feature to our home. We will be adding a wood stove very similar to this picture. It's a pretty big ordeal, since we don't have a chimney in our house. They are coming to put in the chimney and the stove this morning, so hopefully the rain doesn't fall too long or too hard. Apparently, I have to lose part of my closet space for the chimney to go up from the basement, through my closet, up through the roof. Since gas heat is going up, again, it will be nice to save on heating bills and to have that nice, warm wood heat. Plus, if the power is out, we will be able to have heat, unlike now where we could freeze if there is a power outage in the middle of winter! Of course, in order for us to actually stay warm, we need to get more wood. We only have about a cord and a half, and will need at least four cords to make it through the cold season. I can't believe we are already at that point, but the weather the past couple days has certainly felt like Fall. It's amazing how fast it went from 107 degrees to 64 degrees for a high temp! It definitely feels like it could frost anytime, so I am keeping a close eye on the weather forecast so I can try to save my tomatoes for awhile longer, since this is the first week of actually getting a nice harvest.

Speaking of new things, I was at Costco today and bought myself an early birthday present-Photoshop! One more thing to add to my addiction! I have other photo programs but haven't been terribly happy with them, so usually I don't do much photo editing on my pictures. I've been wanting to step up some of my photographs as far as special effect editing and adding pictures into different projects, and now I can. My hubby wasn't too thrilled with me, because he had planned to buy it for me for my birthday in a couple weeks. I told him he can wrap up the box and I will act surprised!! So, I guess while the stove and chimney are being installed, I will be playing with my new program and trying to figure out all that I can do with it. It looks like it could be a lot of fun and terribly addicting.

1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

Oh dear. Photoshop and a wood stove in the same room make for a dangerous union! I know...

BTW, we have an annual Fall contest over here in western Oregon--who will succumb to needing wood heat first? My hubby usually breaks and builds the first fire of the year. All while I wear wool socks, long pants, two sweaters, a stocking hat and a blanket! Ha!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...