Monday, March 23, 2009

Anticipation

I spent part of my weekend planning a getaway for my mom, sister, nieces, and myself. We had tentatively planned one trip, but hadn't made reservations. Everyone kept dragging their feet on those plans, and finally it came out that none of us were too excited to go there. So, I found another option which seemed to please all of us. We are planning a mother/daughter getaway to the Oregon Coast. I made reservations at a little bungalow just a few feet from the beach. There is a house in front of it, but it says there are spots from the porch that you can see the ocean, so I hope so. Either way, we are just a few feet from the ocean. We all seem much more excited about this trip. I know my nieces will love exploring the tide pools! I know I always enjoy looking at them! I think my mom is very excited. She has only been to the ocean once, and it was only for a few minutes. Last year, mom and dad went to Whidbey Island with us, which is kind of the ocean, but you don't get to experience the tides, waves, and power of the ocean.

I love the Oregon Coast and I am so excited to go and have this time with my mom, sister, and nieces. The problem is, it's two months away and the anticipation is going to be hard for me to deal with because I want to go now! I've spent hours looking things up and am ready to go!! Patience is not my virtue. Aside from a quick stop at the Oregon Coast when we were at the Washington coast a couple years ago, I haven't been there for probably twelve years, which is much too long!!

My husband was concerned about me driving through Portland, since we plan to stay there on our way. We will go find Whole Foods and Trader Joe's and load up our groceries for the couple days we are on the coast, since we have a full kitchen. Anyway, we were in Costco and they had a GPS for the car on a really good sale, so he bought it for me in hopes that when we do take that trip, I won't get too lost in the city.

So, now it's time to wait; wait with great anticipation for our trip. I am glad it's becoming Spring so I can get out and start working in flower and garden beds and have that help to keep me busy.

4 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

Hey, you will be passing through my backyard! If this hick-girl can navigate Portland, there is hope for you. And I even do it sans GPS. ;-)

live love laugh hope said...

Ha, Yes, I think I could have gotten through fine, but the GPS was half off, so he thought it might help! =) haha Hopefully you won't be there by then, but if you are, we will have to meet you somewhere!!

Jeanie said...

I absolutely adore the Oregon coast. I have vacationed there every summer since I was a little girl. My grandparents built a home right on Hwy 101, south of Yachats. The house now is my Aunt's house, who graciously lets me use it every summer. Heaven has to look like Yachats.

Anonymous said...

I also am anxious for the time to go to the ocean. Like you said, I was only there a few minutes and you keep telling me how much more beautiful this area is than Seaside - so we wait. But the time will fly by and we will get to make more great memories together. Love ya

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...