Friday, March 27, 2009

Sunshine and Crocuses

Ahh, the sun was a wonderful thing to enjoy yesterday! I went to work and hurried so I could get out a bit early and enjoy part of the sunny afternoon. There were people playing frisbee and basketball in the parks, along with skate boarding, biking, walking, playing on the swings, and just out enjoying the sunshine. It was still cold, only warmed up to about 42 degrees, but it was sunny and people were taking it in as much as possible. I took my dog for a walk, and realized that she was enjoying the sun as much as I was, as she seemed to be smiling from ear to ear, and resisted getting back in the car. After we got back home, we went for another walk and played catch for awhile, and then she just soaked in the sun for awhile. I think that our pets have cabin fever as bad as we do! On our first walk, I enjoyed spotting crocuses peeking their colorful faces through the dirt, and also saw several ducks and geese. I was able to meet my husband for a late lunch, and we sat and overlooked the lake while we enjoyed our meals.

When I got home, my own crocuses were putting on a beautiful display as well. I also noticed that my tulips were popping up as fast as the snow was melting, some even under the snow. I am so thankful for a beautiful day of sunshine, that I have my camera back, but most of all, I am thankful that I got to get outside and enjoy the sunshine and some fresh air.




















2 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

Beautiful!

Sandi said...

beautiful flowers. They are so lovely.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...