Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not Amused

On Friday, Spring arrived, and with it came some warmer temperatures and some rain. The piles of snow that where in our yard melted quite fast. Yesterday, we only had a small pile of snow in one corner by the fence, a long narrow strip in the flowerbed by the house, and one tiny patch in the front yard. I also noticed yesterday that the crocuses were full of colorful buds and were waiting to open when the rain quit. As I looked through my flowerbed yesterday, I noticed tulips and irises peeking through the soil. That was yesterday. Today, everything is covered in white, again. The white stuff is falling out of the sky at a pretty good pace. I am not amused. As a matter of fact, I'm downright grumpy about it all. We have had two winters, back to back, that don't seem to want to end. Global warming??? I don't think so! I wish I could go back to bed and when I wake up this never-ending winter would be gone and spring would be here in all it's glory. But, I have to trudge out in this weather and head to work, where for once, I will be happy I don't have a window to look out.

Tonight is my meeting with the teen girls I work with, so any prayers offered up on how to deal with their issues and how to reach them would be much appreciated.

2 comments:

Liz said...

consider the prayers done!!!

Sandi said...

I must say you made me feel good. I was grumbling it was cold again. We didn't get snow so that is good.

Will pray for your wisdom.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...