Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Canon

It's been a long, hard week. Not only have I dealt with the teen issues, but my husband has been out of town. I miss him a lot when he's gone.

On top of all that, I had to take my camera to the shop for a good cleaning because somehow it contracted spots on the inside lenses. Leaving my camera was a very painful experience! How am I supposed to be without my camera for up to two weeks?!? I told the gal who was helping me out that it was like leaving part of myself behind, and she said she understood. She tried to offer me some comfort as she told me they would take good care of it for me.

My husband tried to help the situation. First he told me that I could go back to using my 20 year old film camera, which has some issues. I just looked at him, then asked if he was kidding me. I resisted the move to digital like crazy three years ago, but now that I have, I love it! Plus, the picture quality is much, much different. My digital takes much clearer, sharper pictures. He then tried to help me by telling me I could use his camera. Now, I don't have anything personal against point and shoot cameras, but I just don't use them. Oh, and the one he offered me doesn't even have a zoom, so the pictures are just amazing, if you are within two feet of your subject! It is also the slowest camera I have ever seen. The sun could rise and set before it decided to actually snap the picture! No, I will stick with my Canon Rebel XLT, with changeable lenses!

I just keep thinking of all the missed shots, all the beautiful scenes I am not capturing. I am going to be really sad if we have one of those amazing prairie sunsets! I went for a walk along the river yesterday with my dog, and it was so beautiful!! I tried to take a picture with my camera phone....now there's a quality picture! It's even worse than my husbands camera!

I don't know what I will do for the next 10 LONG days. I know I have to stop looking at different scenes, animals, or people, and stop longing to take their picture, or it will be an even longer time of waiting. Did I mention I don't wait well to begin with, none the less when my camera, which is usually my constant sidekick, is not with me! I would like to think that maybe I will take some time to go through my digital photo albums and organize, clean up, fix any pictures with spots from my speckled lens, but I doubt it because it will make me that much more lonely for my Canon. I think I might need therapy if I am truly camera-less for two weeks!

3 comments:

MLove said...

You can have CD's made from your film camera, if you really need a fix.

SimplyDarlene said...

Oh friend, I feel your pain! Just remember that God paints portraits for us continually.

Before there were cameras, don't you think folks still appreciated the majesty and beauty as much as us camera-happy girls? Perhaps they did even more. Without instant gratification of digital (or delayed gratification of film), they likely took the time to capture the image in their mind before letting it sink deep in their soul.

Okay, now you can take time to work on photo editing...get ready for your next sales opportunity! ;-)

Sandi said...

I understand. I had a computer down and had to go without it for a few days once. I now have a blackberry phone so I don't get into that situtation again.
I must say I do now stay off the internet for one full day every month. The hardest is facebook to miss. It is painful but I see it has a hold on my life. I need to change that.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...