Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Time to Think

I've been sick for the past four days, which has given me a lot of time to think. Okay, the past three days haven't involved a lot of thinking but today has because my head isn't quite so fuzzy from the flu.

I have a lot of thoughts swirling through my head which are sure to be future posts but my brain is still too foggy for too much in depth thinking, at least that will make sense to others.


My mind is still trying to process the things shared by the girls I sat with and all they deal with and the best way to reach them. I have seen about ten minutes of news over the past couple days, which was too much, and I cannot believe how we as a society have become towards each other, how we don't value each other, or human life at all. It scares me. Even though I was very ill the other night, I picked my husband up from the airport. On our way home, we heard a lot noise, and I thought it was the truck next to me playing it's music loud, but as I glanced over, I caught movement in my mirror, and see a guy hanging off someone else's truck as he is yelling, and then I see glass flying everywhere, like in slow motion. I got a bit scared. The guy jumped off the truck and I honestly don't know where he went, and the other truck drove by us, with an older than middle aged couple in it. Was this just road rage? These people didn't have any glass in their truck on the one side and it was 22 degrees out. But, why? Why do people care so less about each other? Our society is becoming so me centered, that we have forgotten about basic care for others. We have forgotten what's important-human life. I will write more on this tomorrow, but wanted to post this video. The words speak volumes to our society! Please listen to them!


1 comment:

Liz said...

I just saw something on TV about a teen back east who killed herself after she was tormented when some naked pictures she had texted her boyfriend made their way around her high school.
I plan on blogging about this in the next day or so.

Liz

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...