Saturday, March 14, 2009

Still Missing

Despite new snow on the ground from this week, yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day, with temperatures actually soaring to 42 degrees. It's been a cold week here, with below zero temperatures throughout the week. I was in Coeur d'Alene for an appointment so went for a drive along the lake. It was very pretty. The light danced off the water like diamonds. There were a lot of boats out on the water, as well. A lot of people were out for walks, many with their dogs. I saw six deer. There was one thing missing, however. One thing I was desperately longing for-my camera! I took in the scenes in my mind, but it's just not the same when I can't capture them on my camera. I miss my camera, like a long lost friend!! I talked to the gal at the shop to see when it will be ready to come home, and she said it will be another week. Another week!!?! I was so desperate the other day, I even picked up the point and shoot without the zoom to take a picture. As I said in a previous post, if you are within a couple feet of your subject, it's ok, but otherwise, it just doesn't cut it. So, I go on, missing my camera everytime there is a sunset, or a beautiful scene that I would love to capture. I just keep telling myself that at least it's temporary and my camera will return soon.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Isn't interesting how we fell when we have to live with an object for awhile?

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...