Friday, March 6, 2009

Hope

My husband comes home today after being gone for a week for training in his job, the sun is shining, and it's Friday! My flowers are starting to pop through in the small spots where the snow has melted. I try to look at that instead of the giant mound that still takes up 90% of my flower bed. There are patches of grass showing in the backyard, and their are birds foraging for some food in my garden beds. There is hope for Spring as I look out my window.

I have a lot of hopes today, some are simple, some are not. I hope for my husband to arrive safely tonight. I have hope that the snow disappears and that there are flowers soon. I have hope that my camera is out of the shop early next week. I hope for green grass and budding trees! I hope for warmer weather, and the garden I will plant this year. I hope I can grow tomatoes from seed because I haven't been too successful in the past. I hang on to God for hope for the girls I meet with each week that they will be able to see beyond their circumstances, and see that God loves them and that they can get help and change. I have hopes for my young nieces as they grow up in a very mixed up world, that they will put their all their hope in Christ alone. I have hope for friends and family who are struggling in many different ways. I hope for a nation who has wandered far from God and His principles, that these tough times will bring people to Him. I have many hopes. I don't know how people live without hope. Life would be so depressing, so dark, so grim. There is hope of the greatest kind through Jesus. He gave us hope when he died on the cross for us, so that we could come to Him and make Him our hope, our Savior and Lord. He waits, hoping we will come to Him and ask Him to be a part of our lives, to let Him guide us. I know that I couldn't do life without Him!


Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:4-5

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. Psalm 130:5

"I always see the Lord near me, and I will not be afraid with him at my right side. Because of this, my heart will be glad, my words will be joyful, and I will live in hope. Acts 2:25-26

1 comment:

Sandi said...

what it all comes down to is our hope is in the Lord

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...