Monday, January 28, 2008

After The Storm

Thirty four hours straight! Thirty four hours! For thirty four hours straight, it snowed, and it snowed and it snowed some more! We received around two feet of new snow from Saturday at noon through Sunday night. It snowed large, wet and heavy flakes. It took my hubby three hours just to clean out the driveway. Thankfully, our little corner started to help each other, and snow blowers, four wheelers, and neighbors with shovels started helping each other dig out and get their cars unstuck from the giant snowballs that the city put in all of our driveways. A small car does not go through a three foot high snowball very well, as our neighbor found out. The snow is piled as high as most of the stop signs in our neighborhood. Today, we got a little break, and the sun came out, but it's supposed to snow more tonight, and the rest of the week. God brought us through the storm, and today we are enjoying the beauty of His handiwork!

During the storm:








Helpful neighbor!







After the storm:
































3 comments:

Lanel said...

Isn't it beautiful. :) I'm just so glad I'm nice and warm inside my apt. :) Had to drive down the street yesterday to run an errand....not a fun adventure.

Sandi said...

Great pictures. If it was me I would frame some. But I love snow and we haven't had much.

Kathy said...

Wow, amazing!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...