Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thinking About My Grandma

Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while... but our hearts forever."

Today my Gram is on my mind. She passed away two and a half years ago. Today is her birthday. I miss her very much. We had a very special bond between us. My Grandma's pride and joy was her family. She also took great pride in helping others anyway she could. My Gram was a giver, and I do my best to follow in her example, although I fall very short compared to what she gave. She has left a rich legacy to her family. I am so thankful that she lived out here the last thirteen years of her life, so that we were able to spend time with her. I talked to her every day when she was alive, many times two to three times a day. I miss being able to pick the phone up and just chat with her. If your grandparents, parents, are still alive, give them a call today and let them know you are thinking of them. Too soon the time comes when we can't pick that phone up to talk to them. Cherish every moment with your loved ones and always let them know how important they are to you.

The best lesson we could learn from our grandparents is to cherish every moment we have with them. -- Carin Weier

2 comments:

Sandi said...

What a wonderful post. I too have been thinking about my grandmother a lot lately. I could because in a month I will be a grandmother.

Kathy said...

This makes me think about a beautiful short movie-thing I got in an email this week. If you'd like to see it, go to this...

Parents Wish

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...