Wednesday, January 9, 2008

As I look out my snow-covered windows down the street this morning, it is completely white. Everyone is trying to dig out after seven to nine inches of new snow overnight. The wind is now starting up, so we will have some good drifts out here on the prairie. We already have some drifts in our backyard that are three to four feet deep. It's pretty to see how the wind sculpts the snow drifts. All area schools are closed, which is a good thing. A seventh grade boy from our youth group died suddenly yesterday as he was leaving school, so I think it will be good for some of his classmates and friends to have the day off. It's going to be a tough time for his family and friends, so I ask that you keep them in your prayers.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I will be praying. We are having unually warm weather here. in the 60's we should be in the 20's and 30's for this time of year. We only had ice storms so far. I am waiting for snow. I love it.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...