Wednesday, January 23, 2008

True Friend

When someone allows you to bear his burdens, you have found deep friendship.

"Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things."

"Friendship happens in that special moment when someone reaches out to another, trusts, comforts, believes in another, and makes a special difference that no one else can make."

Today, I just want to give thanks for my dearest friend. God brought us together as friends around four years ago. It took both of us awhile to completely trust each other after being hurt by people in the past, but once we allowed our hearts to trust, it was amazing the blessings that God started to pour into my life. We were first both leading girls small groups at our church, then we both felt like God was telling us to ask the other to be each others spiritual accountability partner, and after much hesitation and arguing with God because I didn't know if I could trust her, I asked her and she said she had felt God laying it on her heart as well. Our friendship became a very special part of my life. Two years ago, I had to move an hour away. An hour isn't far, but the main time we saw each other was at church and youth stuff, because both our lives are so busy. We would meet for lunch, as well, and with me moving that would be more difficult. We emailed daily, and I knew when I moved that would continue, but I wouldn't get to see her as much in person. We were doing a study together, and we moved it to a weekly online time on messenger. It doesn't always revolve around a study, but it is precious time to me! I cherish and treasure this friendship. It is amazing to see how God has brought us together, and it is strange to see how he makes us go through similiar things in our lives at the same time. We have gotten used to it by now, and just laugh over what God does in our lives, and sometimes we just share a good cry together. The main thing today is I just want to say thanks to my friend for always being there with a listening ear, a caring heart, for praying for me, and for offering me advice when I need it, and even when I think I don't need it. I am blessed. The great thing about having a deep friendship with someone who shares my faith is that friendship will never end, and I thank God for this special friend and all she has done for me and been to me.

"Are we going to be friends forever? Asked Piglet. Even longer, Pooh answered."

"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a blessing to have a true friend!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...