Sunday, January 20, 2008

It was a wild and crazy night! My hubby and I had tickets to the PBR bull riding challenge that came to Spokane. We love the PBR, but haven't been able to watch it since moving because we only have local channels here, deciding to not spend our money on satellite tv. We were very excited to go to this event! Unfortunately, this was not PBR quality! Out of thirty riders, each with two rides, only four rode the bulls. Most of the guys verily made it out of the shoots before meeting the ground. A couple of the bulls got frustrated and decided to put their own show on and run around the ring for awhile, chasing everyone and everything in their path. The crowd loved it because it was the best entertainment of the night. To say we were disappointed, was an understatement. I'm not trying to sound rude here, but it was a sad representation of the PBR. I think they use the PBR name just to draw people to the event and be able to charge higher ticket prices to those attending. This is why the only place we should put our hope is in God, because everything else tends to let us down, in one way or another.
Psalm 39:7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.

The drive home was interesting. We had received two to four new inches of snow, depending on the area. There were many wrecks along the interstate. We took the back road the last part of the way home, and we encountered a good, old fashioned blizzard. The wind was whipping across the prairie, as the snow came down in heavy blankets, making visibility almost zero. The roads were starting to drift shut, and I'm sure this morning many are drifted shut. As I look down our street, I see some areas where there is just a covering of snow, and other areas that have three to four foot drifts. The sun is now trying to peak out, but the wind is still blowing and it's quite cold! It looks like a good day to stay inside, curl up in a warm blanket, and watch some football and see if my team moves onto the Super Bowl.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I can't even imagine living with that much snow all the time. I do wish we had gotten a little more than we did.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...