Thursday, January 3, 2008

Time to Catch Up

I went back to work this afternoon, and it was kind of nice to get back in the groove of things, even though I still have tons of things to do around my house that did not get done over the almost two weeks off. There was a lot of company, a lot of visiting family, and a lot of activities to keep us busy in our 'down' time. Now that I am going back to work, maybe I will be able to keep track of what day it is because I have been off ever since Christmas eve!



New year's day was spent in Sandpoint. We took a drive up Schweitzer ski mountain, and were stunned at all the new development! I never get tired of the amazing views of Lake Pend Oreille, the valley, and the mountains from Schweitzer, whether it is summer or winter! God's amazing majesty is showcased in this area! We also played on the snowmobile a bit at my sister's house. It was a lot of fun! I took a corner too fast and dumped my husband and myself in a large snowbank. Later, I took both nieces for a much slower ride just as dusk was approaching. We had a good day.














The past two days my mother-in-law has been here, and last night my brother-in-law and his son spent the night, as well as a deaf dog named Frog, to save a little time on the way to the airport at 5 am this morning. This is a picture of Frog, along with my nieces and their brother.

I believe it is now time for that LONG winter's nap after all the activities of the past three weeks. However, I am sure that we are only going to get busier as we go along in the new year.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I had to go back to work this week also and thought I'd be back to normal life, but right about the time New Year's day ended, I found out the band guys would need a place to stay for a few days because one of them had a death in the family and they couldn't play shows without him. So once again, the past few days, my house has been full. Later today, I'll start getting back to normal.
I love those pictures! I have got to visit that area before I die.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...